Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: MovieStuff Transfer Price List

  1. #1
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    Hi, all!

    Okay, I've revamped the website and the prices are now listed. Please see:
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/transfers.html

    Thanks!

    Roger

    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  2. #2
    Lor
    Guest Lor's Avatar

    Thanks for the update, Roger.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    One of the requirements listed for the service is separation leader between every 50 foot reel, if grouped on a 400 foot reel. However, I should point out that is not necessary if you have something that has already been cut together as a final project with splices. However, the rate for such a transfer would be $18 per 50 feet since we would be handling the color correction and density changes differently. The "Mastering Service" is $15 per 50 feet because we can make changes prior to the slate, well in advance of any usable footage. But projects that are already cut together must be attenuated from cut to cut, which takes more time.

    Anyway, Chas had emailed me about something he already had cut together that ran longer than 50 feet and wanted to know if he had to put leader to break it up, which is a reasonable question based on the submission requirements of my website.

    So the short and long is, if you want the $15 per 50 foot deal and you have raw camera footage, then include the leader between roles. If you have something already cut together, the forget the leader but it will cost $18 per 50 feet instead.

    Roger

    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  4. #4
    Hanthx
    Guest Hanthx's Avatar

    Talking

    Roger

    $15-18.00 per 50 feet is such a great price!
    I might get the chance to shoot my senior project in Super 8, so I can't wait to try out your service!

    Scott

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Actor
    Guest Actor's Avatar

    Post

    Frame rates of 15, 18, 24, 30 fps? What happed to 16 fps, the standard rate for Reg 8?

    Also, can you transfer 200T?


    ------------------

  6. #6
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Actor:
    Frame rates of 15, 18, 24, 30 fps? What happed to 16 fps, the standard rate for Reg 8?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Three reasons for 15fps:

    1) It plays smoother on NTSC video than 16fps since achieving the 15fps speed can be done simply by doubling every frame. 16fps would require a very odd pattern of doubled frames that makes the motion very jerky looking with no visible difference in the speed. Plus, the speed markings on cameras are always approximate, based on my experience servicing cameras. Ultimately, you can't tell the difference between 15fps and 16fps playback.

    The end result is that 16fps footage looks fine transferred at 15fps. In fact, I could have simply listed it as 16fps and no one would have known the difference. We've transferred a BUNCH of regular 8mm and it looks just great.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Actor:

    Also, can you transfer 200T?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Yes! No doubt a Rank will give better results but the negative we've transferred so far has looked really nice. We'll be happy to do a test for you. Please see:
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/offer.html

    Roger


    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  7. #7
    tom*
    Guest tom*'s Avatar

    Post

    Roger,

    Any options for PAL users? How about CDRs with avi.

    Apologies if this is covered on your website, but I couldn't find it.

    Tom

    ------------------

  8. #8
    chaz
    Guest chaz's Avatar

    Post

    Roger,

    Was (is) all reg8 16fps? Because I have a bunch of reels of this from in-laws, and use a 18fps speed. It was shot between the years 1956-1964, and appears to be the doulble wide stuff that gets split, as the sample taped to the box is 16mm.

    I suppose it would be hard to tell 16fps footage from 18. My Super8/reg8 projector only has (had) one speed. Of course, now that I have converted it into a 'workprinter', it plays at slower speeds.

    chaz

    ------------------

  9. #9
    hightreason
    Guest hightreason's Avatar

    Post

    Hmmm... This sounds like very enticing offer. I have a couple questions for Movistuff.
    First of all, you don't transfer to digibeta, right? You do transfer to betacam SP, but what is the difference in quality between these two?
    Second of all, how does your service compare to a rank telecine? I am prepared to pay like $600 to get my film transfered at CinePost, but I would definitely be interested in saving $350 if your service gives comparable quality. Unfortuneatly, I don't have any throwaway rolls to do your test and I'm kinda running out of time, too, so that's why I ask this. Do you have streaming samples of your work or anything?
    What kind of color correction is at your disposal? The film came out pretty good so I don't really need a whole lot of correction, but I need it to be as good as possible. If I go with the $18/roll rate, will you stop between takes and color correct each shot before running it through?
    How much color information am I going to lose with your process vs a rank telecine?
    This film is very important to me and I want it to be the best it can possibly be as I fully intend to have it screened at the most prestigious film festivals I possibly can and use it as a sample of my work. Just let me know if your service will produce the extremely high quality product I need. If so, I'll get my order in shortly, but if not, I will certainly use you for future transfers that are not as critical.

    Thanks,
    Bryan

    ------------------

  10. #10
    hightreason
    Guest hightreason's Avatar

    Post

    Just a quick note relating to my above post. The film is Kodachrome 40 reversal at 18fps.

    ------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •